The account Journal provides a wide information and details about all of the accounting activity of the client and allows to view and modify any of the client entries (according to authorizations). Also, the account journal is used for bundling entries, producing reports and exporting the accounting data.
The Account journal is available from from the Client / Supplier / Projects cards and also from the Bookkeeping Module. This window has three areas:
- Filter fields
- Entries table
- Calculated Balance table
At the top of the account journal tab, there are few filter fields that allow to search for the required entries only, according to the users or accounts Managers requirements and needs:
|Account Number||The number of the chosen account.|
|Multi Currency||Separate the entries according to the used currency. The calculated balance for each of the currencies will be displayed in the table at the bottom of this window.|
|Print Results By||Choose the required printing display from the suggested list.|
|From / Till BK Entry Date||Choose the time frame of the required bookkeeping entries.|
|From / Till Cash Flow Date||Choose the time frame of the cash flow for the required bookkeeping entries.|
|Government Report Date||Choose the report date for the government and authorities.|
The table in this window displays all of the bookkeeping entries and describes their status with the following signs:
- No Sign - The Bookkeeping Entry was not bundled.
- - Partial bundle. This bundle was NOT Complete.
- - Bundled Bookkeeping Entry. This bundle is complete (balanced). Bookkeeping entry is balanced when the Debit value equals to the Credit value.
After displaying the bookkeeping entries table, the following action buttons will be available:
|Hide Bundled Entries (F10)||Hide the bundled (balanced) entries that were marked with .|
|Bundling Wizard (F11)||Bundle bookkeeping entries that are unbalanced or partially balanced.|
|Advanced Features||This action button allows to execute advanced features that will be described below. To read this section click here.|
In the table at the bottom of the window, there are calculated balance fields. The calculated fields will be split according to the different currencies, if the "Multi Currency" field was defined as "YES".
Print and Export Data
According to authorizations, the following action buttons are available:
|Export Data||Export the data from this table. Choose the required file type from the list.|
|Print the report, Save as PDF or send by Email. The printing display is according to the the definition of the "Print Results By" field.|
Thebutton is used to bundle the unbalanced and the Partially balanced bookkeeping entries. This button opens a new window which displays the bookkeeping entries according to the Bookkeeping entry status of the marked row in the bookkeeping entries table:
- If an unbalanced bookkeeping entry is marked, the new window will display all off the unbalanced bookkeeping entries.
- If a partially balanced bookkeeping entry is marked, the new window will display the partially balanced bookkeeping entries as well as the unbalanced bookkeeping entries.
- If a bundled (balanced) bookkeeping entry is marked, the new window will display the balanced bookkeeping entries only.
There are two tables displayed in this window. The top table contains the Debit Bookkeeping Entries, while the second table contains the Credit Bookkeeping Entries. The title of the table shows a counter of the chosen bookkeeping entries in each table and the total sum of the marked bookkeeping entries. In order to bundle bookkeeping entries, follow the next steps:
- Each of the bookkeeping entries has a check box. checking this check box will add the amount of the entry to the total sum at the top of the table.
- In order to bundle the chosen bookkeeping entries, mark the equal entries in the Credit and Debit tables. This can also be done by using the button. By using this button, the system will try to find the bookkeeping entries in the Debit table and in the Credit table that can be bundled, according to the Cash Flow / BK Entry dates and the amount. The system will automatically mark the check boxes of the bookkeeping entries that can be bundled. In order to approve these bundling, press the button.
- When a bookkeeping entry is partially balanced, the system will ask to approve this partial bundling. These bookkeeping entries with a difference between the total sum of the Credit and the Debit will be marked with .
- When marking a bookkeeping entry in one of the tables that does not have any equal entry in the other table, the system will allow to manually create a new bookkeeping entry in order to balance and bundle it. By using the option, the user can search for a Client / Supplier / B.K. Account / Project to balance the bookkeeping entry. after choosing the required account, the user will be asked to fill in a description and BK entry date for the new bookkeeping entry that will be added to the chosen account.
- After marking the bookkeeping entries to bundle, press the button.
- In order to cancel the bundling before saving it, press the button.
Thebutton is used for the following actions:
- Move Selected Entries to a Different Account - By using this option, the user can move the selected entries to other chosen account. In the new window, the user will need to mark the check boxes of the required bookkeeping entries.
Change Government Report Date - This option is used to modify the the report date of the entry in case of wrong defined date.
The government report date can be modified according to the actual date. Press thebutton to approve the modifications.
Bookkeeping Entry DisplayWhen opening a bookkeeping entry, the following window will be displayed:
Debit Bookkeeping entry
Credit Bookkeeping entry
These bookkeeping entries will be displayed in the Account Journal as follows:
Bundled Bookkeeping Entries
Organizations that use few different currencies, need to define it in the System Fundamentals of hyper. Go to the "Bookkeeping" Tab and choose "YES" for the "Bookkeeping in Multi-Currency Mode" field.
Single Currency Organization
When using only one currency, we recommend to choose "NO" in the "Multi Currency" field at the top of this window.